SO YOU WANT TO BE ON RADIO? SITES & RESOURCES


I visit quite a number of radio sites on a daily basis and spend quality time assimilating discussions and video tutorials. I have been told that knowledge is expected to be shared and not hoarded lest one suffers from "knowledge constipation". So while I may not possess the qualifications to run certified teaching classes yet, I can still refer those who need them to resources that may help boost their career intentions.

There are no easy roads, so you must be willing to invest in time and data consumption.

Are we ready?

Let's go!

1. RADIO I LOVE IT!
This site provides me with some of the most incredible articles and experiences of actual successful radio jockeys and producers. They also provide links to really incredible sources with tools to help fledgling radio stations and help presenters/producers perform better. If you're interested in Radio, this site is a must visit. Don't forget to subscribe to their email too to get regular updates too.

2. MUSIC RADIO CREATIVE
This outfit is run by a husband and wife team, Mike and Isabella Russell and they are the inspiration for my broadcast hustle. Mike offers a plethora of production tutorials as well via his audioproductionmasters.com platform. From Voice-Overs to Podcast production, this site is the real deal and boasts of some of the world's greatest voice actors out now! I'm trying to get on there as well and their response to my requests have been quite encouraging. When you subscribe to their mailing list, you enjoy access to lots of free jingles and stuff! What are you waiting for?

3. VOICE-OVER HERALD
This website is dedicated to those in the Voice-Over industry as well as those who intend to join this global community. There's so much one can do with a voice from selling commercials to gaming and narrating audio books as well as voicing animated characters in movies! You'll find articles, tutorials and fascinating stories by Voice-Actors.

4. ROBIN BANKS
This bros is just an incredible bundle of talent... check out the website and make him your mentor! Do find and follow him on twitter (@r_banks) as well. 

5. FM (TV SERIES)
I'm a big fan of this very short comedy series and I think you will be too if you're thinking of being a successful zany Radio Character, who is funny, down to earth and extremely crazy! We do have Nigerian versions of some these characters on some Radio Platforms here...while others try too hard. However, if you want to watch the entire series, send me an email and for a token I'll ship you the MP4s.

For now, these should suffice.

I also have lots of video and audio tutorials culled from these sites and I can share, but for a token.

Here's a tip, spend a little to get a lot as video tutorials have a better impact on your knowledge consumption than the 2 hour droning some lecturers dole out to students in classrooms and halls!

And if there're any questions you think I have answers to, feel free to flood my inbox with mail!

Have a terrific rest of the week! 



Comments

  1. Knowledge isn't power but rather you applying the knowledge u have gained is when u are truly empowered..Great post Mr Doe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OAPs ARE NOT EVEN MUSIC FANS...

THE BEST SELECTION: COVER VERSIONS (S01E10)